KR TRAINING DECEMBER 2015 NEWS
JANUARY, FEBRUARY CLASSES ALMOST FULL
Many of the classes we have scheduled in January and February are already sold out, or very close to full. Classes with slots still open are:
Jan 9 (10a-5p) - 2016 Paul T. Martin Preparedness Conference, $50 (Cabela's in Buda)
Jan 23 (1p-5p)- Defensive Pistol Skills 2, $80 (1 slot)
Jan 23 (6p-9p) - Low Light Shooting, $60
Jan 24 (12-5p) - License To Carry, $75
Jan 30 (9a-3p) - Open Carry Concepts, Karl Rehn & Leslie Buck, $100
Feb 6 (9a-12p) - Basic Pistol 1, $80
Click here to register for any upcoming class.
LICENSE TO CARRY (CHL) COURSE JANUARY 24th
On Sunday, I'll be teaching a License to Carry (CHL) certification course at the A-Zone. $75. Includes range and classroom, including the new material on open carry. Class runs noon to 5 pm.
2016 Paul T. Martin Preparedness Conference January 9th
January 9th is the date for the 2016 Paul T. Martin Preparedness Conference (previously known as the Suburban Dad Survivalist conference) at the Cabela's in Buda. This event will include presentations on cybersecurity (Jack Jania), open carry (Karl Rehn), the aftermath of a self defense incident (John Daub), travel safety (Paul Martin), pets & emergencies (Allen Codding, DVM), building a disaster resilient home (Suzanne Thompson), solar energy (Cliff Cheadle), and more. This is a bargain at $50 for all day.
JANUARY 23 LOW LIGHT SHOOTING
Many armed confrontations happen at night, yet low light shooting is a skill that most armed citizens have no training in, and never practice. This 3 hour course teaches the use of a handheld flashlight, weapon mounted light, night sights, and lasers for shooting in low light. Bring the gear you own and learn to use it, and/or try some of the different lights and sights on our loaner gear to learn about the pros and cons of these low light shooting tools. This class is a bargain at $60. Nobody else in the area offers a similar course, and we do not have another session of this course on the spring schedule.
Students that have taken this course before can attend for the even-lower refresher price of $40.
Our schedule for January-May 2016 is now online.
- The Triple Threat Assessment (excellent article on individual risk assessment)
- 30 minutes of AR training from the US Marksmanship Unit
- Qualification and Skill (Firearm User Network)
- Shooting With X-Ray Vision class AAR (Hsoi)
- Inexpensive body armor panel that fits nicely inside a laptop bag or briefcase. Used by several KR Training instructors as part of our daily carry gear.
- TX DPS powerpoint on open carry holsters
- Austin PD discusses open carry
- New Claude Werner training CD on "negative outcomes" (recommended!)
- Slate.com searchable map of "gun violence"
- Excellent video from San Antonio PD on active shooter response, includes armed citizen recommendation
- Univ. of Texas campus carry panel recommendations
- Texas State campus carry panel recommendations
- SWAT storms bar after mic stand mistaken for gun
- Instructor shoots student in "firearm safety" class
- How to stop mass shootings (guns.com)
- "Killed in the Streets Again" (Firearm User Network)
- Murders at record low levels (Washington Examiner)
- Making Good Decisions (Hsoi)
- Close contact skills for pistol shooting
- Greg Gutfeld on guns in America (Fox news)
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training crew