KR TRAINING AUGUST 2015 NEWS
BEYOND THE BASICS / COMPETITION PISTOL 1 SEPTEMBER 12th
On Sept 12th we are offering the combo of Beyond the Basics, and Competition Pistol 1.
Beyond the Basics focuses on improving speed and accuracy for targets in the 7-15 yard range, where most shooters drop points on the CHL test, and where most targets in handgun competitions are placed. The course is relevant for competition, self defense, and general skill development. The course runs from 8-12, 150 rounds, $80.
Competition Pistol 1 is a 4 hour course introducing new competitors to IPSC, USPSA, IDPA, Steel Challenge, NRA Action, Falling Steel and Glock Shooting Sports style matches. It includes instruction in competition rules and range etiquette, live fire drills teaching competition draw and reload skills, and a 4 stage mini match with sample stages from multiple shooting sports. This course is a low stress way to learn about the different matches that are held in our area. 1-5 pm, $80, 250 rounds.
RANGEMASTER COMBATIVE PISTOL 2
Tom Givens returns Sept 19-20 for his 2 day Combative Pistol 2 course. This challenging course is intended for graduates of the Rangemaster Combative Pistol 1 class, or any person that has had more than 16 hours of post-CHL training, such as our DPS-1, DPS-2 and DPS-3 classes.
A-ZONE FALL SCHEDULE
Sept 12 (am) - Handgunning Beyond the Basics, Rehn, $80
Sept 12 (pm) - Competition Pistol 1, Rehn, $80
Sept 19-20 - Combative Pistol 2, Tom Givens, $435
Oct 3 (am) - Basic Pistol 1, Rehn, $80
Oct 3 (pm) - Defensive Long Gun Essentials, Rehn, $80
Oct 4 (am) - Defensive Knife Overview, Rives, $80
Oct 4 (pm) - Flashlights, Improvised and Small Impact Weapons, Rives, $80
Oct 17 (am) - Basic Pistol 2 - (Defensive Pistol Essentials), Hogel, $80
Oct 17 (pm) - Defensive Pistol Skills 1, Hogel, $80
Oct 24 (am) - Defensive Pistol Skills 2, Rehn, $80
Oct 24 (pm) - Advanced Training 2, Rehn, $80
Oct 24 (night) - Low Light Shooting, Rehn, $60
Check the KR Training 2015 schedule page for more details about fall classes.
Check the Schaefer Academy page for their Basic Pistol, Basic Rifle and CHL class schedule.
- History of American Target Development
- What can we learn - Thalia Hefferman (Hsoi blog)
- Taurus recalls 1 million pistols (TTAG)
- Should I Pull the Fire Alarm During a Mass Shooting? (Greg Ellifritz)
- Open Carry and Handgun Retention (Leslie Buck)
- Hierachy of Combative Firearms Training (Dave Spaudling)
- Changing Face of Gun Ownership (Hsoi blog)
- Robert Vogel interview
- Charges rare in self defense shootings (guns.com)
- Crime index: military vs. civilian gun owners (Firearm User Network)
- Concealed Carry Permit data (John Lott)
- 5 Things I Did To Prepare for USPSA Production Nationals (Randy Rogers)
- Unarmed doesn't equate to "not dangerous" (Hsoi blog)
- Behind the Bloodshed (USA Today)
- Stephanie Spika write-in candidate for NRA Board
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training crew